Sunday, January 30, 2011

God, America, and Apple Pie!

I have had numerous folks ask for my apple pie recipe. There is a picture of it at the bottom of my blog. This is so simple, not a ton of ingredients etc. The apples you use can make a difference though. I strongly suggest that if you are baking fruit pies, you learn the best varieties for what you want. Some folks want crunch in their apple pie, some want it very soft etc. What kind of apples you use can determine that. http://www.tooter4kids.com/Apples/types_of_apples.htm   And you can also use this recipe for making a straight pear pie. I have a recipe for a pear custard that is to die for.

This is just the filling, I can give a great pie crust recipe later.

Mom's Apple Rum Pie

6-7 thinly sliced apples
3/4 - 1 C sugar
2 tbs flour
3/4 tsp cinnamon
splash of fresh lemon
2 tbs rum
2 tbs butter

In a 1 gallon zip lock baggie, I combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Seal and shake together well, mixing it. Then ass the apples, reseal, and shake till all is coated. Place in pie crust in layers. Sprinkle lemon juice and rum over top, then cut butter into bits and dot the top before placing the top pie crust on.

Bake @ 425 for 40-50 minutes. This is for one pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment